Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Surf Movies: Blue Crush 2 (2011)

Life lately seemed to be not so dull with things to occupy my head - away from the island and waves. I have been doing some yoga as a beginner, running and hiking in my lil hometown up north of Cebu and my "amazing" work. The only thing that would drive me closer to surfing is watching flicks that would connect me back to the passion that I'm dying to learn.

 Blue Crush 2 is the sequel of (I think you knew already), its part 1, like obviously. Though it's such a different twist from the story of the previous one, it still delivers the message about a girl who just totally want to explore and surf! I've been getting not-so-good reviews about this but I just want to see some waves, surf and girls who rip - this way, it encourages me to try harder to learn more.

From Rotten Tomatoes, they say, "A champion surfer who never met a wave she couldn't conquer, California teen Dana (Sasha Jackson) leaves Beverly Hills behind for the adventure of a lifetime, and makes some remarkable new friends along the way. Dana's late mother grew up in South Africa, and kept a detailed diary about her childhood experiences. Inspired by her mother's words, the privileged teen rejects her father's requests to enroll in college, instead booking a flight to South Africa to walk the beaches she has read about since childhood. Her mother's dream was to surf the waves of Jeffreys Bay, and with a little help from some fun-loving friends, Dana prepares to fill in the missing chapter of the book that guides her voyage. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi"














Time to earn now. Haha! Clock's tickin for my comeback to the la isla! :) xx




2 comments: